Saturday, December 27, 2008

Game Night


The relatives came over tonight for a game night. It sounds harmless enough, but our family takes these things very seriously. EGA and I are on a similar wavelength, and so we are usually separated, but we paired up for Pictionary because it was a matter of honor. My aunt had placed a dollar bet on my other aunt and her daughter to win, and so it was imperative that we present a strong front. We started out slow, EGA is a good artist, but she couldn't guess any of my drawings at first, which held us back. The game dragged on, but I was never bored, my heart was going pitter pat the entire time, and everyone kept giggling tensely. We eventually pulled ahead and won by a pretty wide margin. I couldn't help crowing about it a little, but I quickly pulled myself together and shook hands. It was a tense game, people kept accusing people of cheating, and when my aunt's team started to lag, my cousin got impatient with my aunt. Pictionary inspires strong emotions in our family.
I love games. We don't play too many games, but it's always nice when we do. It's crazy and competitive, but fun, like going for a run. I'm actually tired now, I was on such an adrenaline rush during the game. We were going to play Taboo afterwards, but everyone was too tired. The party let out shortly after the game finished, and now we're just sitting.
I donated plasma today. It was my first ever time, and I didn't really like it very much at all. It was much more uncomfortable than giving whole blood. I don't like the look of plasma the way I like blood, it reminded me of a catheter bag. My iron was high enough though, and that was nice, it's been a long time since I was able to give. Giving blood meant I couldn't go to yoga, but I think it was worth it. Maybe I'll go tomorrow. It's a good thing I'm going back to work on Monday, all of this leisure time is making me lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment