Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm Not Very Bright You Know


Without going into details, I got my worst report card in a long time. I should feel upset, but I really just feel relieved. I'm glad I finally got my grades. They are going to haunt me, and my life is arguably ruined, if you have a very loose definition of ruined (ruined = ...yeah ok, my life is clearly not ruined.), but now I feel like it's summer. I can let go of this past semester, heck, this past year, and move onto the next thing as a wiser person. It has been a long year. I wouldn't say it's been a bad year, but lots of bad things happened. More than usual. Here I am though, on the other side, feeling optimistic. I'm going to do better next semester, and things will work out. This all reminded me of Puzzle, from The Last Battle. He's a very sweet character, even if he is stupid, but I understand Eustace when he tells him that things would have been better if instead of harping on about how not bright he is, he instead tried to be as bright as possible. Smith is a hard school. It might be a little too hard for me to do as well as I did at Geneseo, but that isn't any reason to not do my best. It's more reason to work as hard as I possibly can. So I'm not going to beat myself up about my grades, but I am going to learn from this experience and do better. I'm also going to unpack my stuff, because it really is summer, and my parents want their living room back.

1 comment:

  1. I think that sounds like a very good way of looking at things.

    ReplyDelete