Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day Two


I had a dream last night that I was on Facebook (I know that's really lame, but I had been fighting with my laptop all night, trying to get internet, so it was on my mind.) and K. from my SCA crew had unfriended me. I still don't have internet in my room, so I'm posting from the library, and sure enough, he did unfriend me! What a jerk! Still, I really hate him, so it's only annoying because I wanted to be able to stalk his stupid jerk relationship. I wonder what made him do it though- it's been a few weeks now, and I'd have thought he'd have put me out of his mind.
My employment status has changed once again, and now I'm down to one job. It's very sad, but I'm taking five classes and all of my professors claim their class requires ten hours of outside work, plus the twelve plus hours rugby takes up, so I don't really have time for two jobs. Except I applied to work at a literacy volunteer at the preschool that isn't a half hour walk from campus, so if I get hired (knock wood) I will have time for two jobs. So we'll have to wait and see on that score. I'm not entirely sure why I suddenly feel like I need two jobs, but my crossing guard job is too cushy, and I need to be busier in order to feel like I'm really working.
I swear, I've been on the go since 7 am, and although I skipped the gym, I feel like I was pretty productive. Tomorrow is another big day, I'm actually going to buy my textbooks. I really dragged my feet on this one, hoping, I think, for the books to just appear on my shelf like manna from heaven. It's tempting to wait it out a little longer, but professors will insist on assigning reading, so I need to get on my horse. And ride it to the bookstore. I also have chalking for rugby, and a social for new transfer students. And work and class and practice (my first of the year!), but who really cares about that stuff? It feels like tomorrow should be Friday. It's been a short week, but I think Smith days are longer than normal Earth days.

No comments:

Post a Comment