Friday, September 11, 2009

This Isn't Rocket Science


I'm happy when I spend time with people, and I'm sad and grumpy when I don't. You would think I would understand this basic idea well enough by now that I would be able to seek out social interactions, knowing they will make me feel good. It's been sort of difficult going from Utah, where I could always get attention when I needed it, to home, where I could generally get attention, to Smith, where it's almost impossible for me to get attention. And I mean actual, in-person interactions, because I've been wearing my poor phone out txting and calling people all over the country.
Yesterday was my most successful day yet this semester. I went to work, and class, and had lunch with rugby girls on the green and then chalked about the rookie meeting. I also went to my first practice of the season. It felt great to be out on the pitch, running around. Ground needs to be regained fitness-wise, but I'll get there. My new boots are really amazing. I love the way it feels when the spikes sink into the ground. Plus they're pretty, I got multiple compliments on them.
I went to dinner with some girls from the team, but I had to rush, which was annoying, since I'm trying to eat healthier, and so my food choices are less satisfying, and so I try to take my time and enjoy the process of eating more. It turned out to be worth the rush though, as I was in a hurry to go to a concert with two girls from the team. We went to see the Young at Heart Chorus, which is a group of older people that sings pop songs. It was really cute, and I got to spend time with teammates outside of practice, and I almost always enjoy live music anyway. So that was an A+ kind of evening.
I'm pretty optimistic about today. I only have one class, and then I'll have time to go running and catch up on reading before practice. We have our rookie meeting tonight, and then the team is having a movie night. We are going to watch "Forever Strong", and I'm excited, despite the fact that I just watched the movie a week ago. I just enjoy being around people, and not in my room, passing out at 10:00 because I had to wake up early to go to work. Things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment