Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mmmm...banana


So this is my official First Smith Post. My room is wonderful, and the girls in my hall are really friendly. I met a few rugby girls even, and because I am stupid I accidentally told them that I've been playing for eight years. I don't know what I was thinking, because that isn't true, but I sort of thought it was at the time...I wasn't lying on purpose. And they were super impressed and so even though I only told one girl she told all the others. So I'm screwed and now I have to live a lie for the next two and a half years. So darn. I've been here three days and I'm already caught in a web of lies.
I was going to go to the gym, but I don't think I will. It's a really long cold walk, and I don't know if it'll even be open, cuz the hours are all wonky. Better to sit in my room and watch tv online. I've been pretty busy since I got here, there are orientation events, and some other transfer girls turned out to be really cool, so we've been hanging out. I need some down time though, time to reflect, and absorb and catch up on How I Met Your Mother. I can't complain that all my socializing has been getting in the way of tv, I'm glad things are going well, but this is nice. It's warm in my room, and I don't have to justify myself. Tomorrow begins the crazy rugby training, but today is mine.
I sort of registered for classes, but I didn't get all of the ones that I wanted. I'm right now taking Research Methods, Child Clinical Psych, and a Geology class about how people impact the environment (my advisor thought it would be good because I'm into conservation). I want to get into an Intro to Signing class and an Emergency Care class, but those are a little more complicated and I'll have to talk to the professors. But I will prevail. I really want those classes.
I applied for two work study jobs today. One is working as a lunch aide at the campus school, which would be great, but it slightly conflicts with the Emergency Care class. The other job is putting a DVD in a player once a week and sitting through a movie until it's done and then returning it. For money. I want that job. I feel qualified, because my parents don't know how to use their DVD player, so I always load up the movies. Either would be good, but I'm a big fan of having my cake and eating it too, so I want the movie job.
Anyway. Smith is good. I'm good here. I bought a planner, I'm making friends, even if they are sort of starter friends (we might keep hanging out though, you never know), I'm excited for classes. I'm settling in. It isn't like Geneseo, it's very new. My friends from rugby txted me last night, but I'm not homesick, even if I miss them. I'm kind of building something here.

No comments:

Post a Comment