Friday, January 9, 2009

Second-Guessing Myself


I was on Facebook the other night and I saw a series of videos of people acting like morons at the Rugby House. It was kind of awful actually, these people were running on pure id. I'm not judging, really, I'm not, I know it's a fun way to be, but it's...icky. And yet it made me wonder whether I made the right choice in transferring. I don't even really like those people, and I'm sure I could have monkey shenanigans at Smith if I really wanted to, (I don't) but it made me sort of sad. Like I'll be missing something. CL pointed out that there aren't any right or wrong decisions, only choices that you have to make, which I think is very wise. I also feel like there's something pretty compelling in the idea that my biggest doubt about this transfer is the loss of moron rugby boys. I think that's indicative of me making a good choice. (Just to clarify, I'm going to miss my actual friends much more than the moron boys, but I don't think I'm losing them. They'll still be a part of my life, whereas the ruggers will be so many awkward memories.)

In other news, I'm going to go see RENT next weekend. It'll be my third time, and I wasn't going to go, but Anthony Rapp is playing Mark. I don't care if he is 38 and playing a guy in his early 20's, he's Anthony Rapp! So that should be fun. Three times is a lot to see a show, but I like repetition. I would've seen Forever Plaid twice in the same day if anyone had wanted to see it with me. Granted, that was a special case, but still. I think it was free too, but I love RENT. And that'll be it for me, then I'll be done.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure about that "there are no wrong decisions" thing. I'm pretty sure that if you found yourself in the middle of the ocean on a raft with only a can of Vienna sausages and a flashlight with no batteries you would conclude that you'd made some bad decisions.

    ReplyDelete