Friday, February 20, 2009

Dieting


I feel like the Smith dining system is making me fat. Supposedly people eat more when they eat with other people, but I don't think that's true here. I seem to eat less when I eat with other people because I base my portions on what they take, and people here take small portions. I eat alone a lot of the time though, and so I am worried I'm eating too much. I am trying to be more aware, but I also don't want to go on a diet right now, because it's almost Lent. I'm giving up sweets this year, but that isn't very meaningful if I already gave them up out of vanity.
I caved and read all of New Moon today, even though I said I would just read Twilight. I feel very silly, but I couldn't help myself. I might as well admit it, I'm going to read the other two now. I liked this book more than Twilight, even though it's generally people's least favorite because the leader character spend the entire book in an almost catatonic depression. I like the werewolf character, he's much more appealing to me than the vampire love interest. I find epic loves sort of boring actually, I'm more interested in the people that don't have obvious destinies. Plus, I have a sort of weakness for Native American stuff, and the werewolf is an American Indian. One of the reasons I'm sorry I won't get to go to Minnesota this summer is it is a program that is all about the Ojibwe.

No comments:

Post a Comment