Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nothing Better


I keep marveling at and blogging about how happy I feel most of the time, but it's really great and I'm excited about it. Walking out of lunch, choco taco in my mittened hand, The Weepies coming in through my ear buds...I'm kind of worried that I'm not pacing myself, and everyone else is going to be sad cuz I used up all the happy.
I don't really think of myself as an organizer. I'm an enthusiastic participant, but I don't like being in charge. Smith seems determined to change that though, I'm trying to start a club, and today I was made group leader for my Environment class. We're doing an updated trial for Anne Anderson vs. Cryovac, Inc., et al., and I'm an attorney for the plaintiff. Which I guess makes me John Travolta, William H. Macy, or Tony Shalhoub. It's sort of exciting, I'm glad I got to be an attorney instead of a geologist (no offense Dana), or doctor. It has the most pretending, so even though I'm going to work very hard, it's more like a game.
Now it's the weekend (I love not having Friday classes, I hope to eventually use this time for volunteering at the campus school.) and things are good. Olga sort of apologized for the Friendly's thing, not very sincerely, but she at least invited me over to her room for tea later tonight. I have my first Tai Kwon Do class tonight, and an extra credit lecture, so life is full and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment