Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Feelin' Fine

I love my job. I thought I was going to be washing dishes, but I'm actually a sort of prep cook in Wilder, the Asian dining house. I got to cut up a bunch of tofu today, and shred chicken. For money. They're paying me to get kitchen experience. I doubt it will get me a job in a restaurant, but it's fun. The people are really nice too, I had a nice chat with the head cook about our cats. I keep telling myself I'll get used to things here and the shine will wear off eventually, but maybe it won't. I like having to slave over my school work, I like being busy, and running from work to Butts and Guts. (It was my first class today and I loved it. It's only a half hour long, but it's a good workout. I figure I can go to the gym after my morning class for cardio, and do this at night. At least on Tuesdays.) I'm excited about being busy. It makes me feel good. I have a lot of studying to do tonight, and a house meeting, but it's good. I think it's making the adjustment easier, I don't have the down time to feel lonely that I did at Geneseo.

1 comment:

  1. Take it all in and then teach us! Sounds like a ton of fun! Do you get to have a "family meal" in the kitchen with the staff?

    ReplyDelete