Monday, February 23, 2009

Four

So I posted before that four people said they would come to my meeting, and I was super happy with that number. Three people ended up coming, but with me that makes four. It's a start. Four people can change the world. There were four Beatles, there were only three original film makers that started the Invisible Children movement, four is nothing to sneeze at. I was sort of frustrated that so many people flaked out, but maybe they'll come next time. I honestly don't think anyone could possibly know about the child soldiers and atrocities committed by the LRA and not care. It's just a matter of educating people.
I was sort of sad after the meeting, we watched the movie and it made me cry, even though I had seen it before, so I went to the gym. I think I've turned some sort of corner, running made me feel better. I was actually comforted by running, by the time I got off the treadmill I felt like I had jumped the first hurdle, I had the interest meeting, and people showed up, and that is something to be proud of. I missed going to the gym last week, it makes life better. I'm going to yoga tomorrow, which is exciting. Exercise makes things seem more possible, I'm not sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment